Capital gains arising to an individual from the transfer of Govt. securities and stock and shares of public limited companies listed with the stock exchanges
of Bangladesh are exempted from tax. This exemption shall also be available to a “Non-resident” if similar benefit is available for him in his home country. Sec.32(7):
Capital gains arising from transfer of shares and stocks to a company shall be however, taxed at a concessional rate of 10% from assessment year from 2010 to 2013.
- any distribution by a company of accumulated profits, whether capitalized or not, if such distribution entails the release by the company to its shareholders
of all or any part of its assets or reserves.
- any distribution by a company, to the extent to which the company possesses accumulated profits, whether capitalized or not, to its shareholders of debentures,
debenture-stock or deposit certificates in any form, whether with or without interest;
- any distribution made to the shareholders of a company on its liquidation to the extent to which the distribution is attributable to the accumulated profits of the
company immediately before its liquidation, whether capitalized or not;
- any distribution by a company to its shareholders on the reduction of its capital, to the extent to which the company possesses 1 accumulated profits, whether such
accumulated profits have been capitalized or not; [(dd) any profit remitted outside Bangladesh by a company not incorporated in Bangladesh under †Kv¤úvbx AvBb, 1994 (1994 m‡bi 18 bs AvBb);]
- any payment by a private company of any sum (whether as representing a part of the assets of the company or otherwise) by way of advance or loan to a shareholder or any payment
by any such company on behalf, or for the individual benefit, of any such shareholder, to the extent to which the company, in either case, possesses accumulated profit; but does not include--